Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday, July 13, 2009

Today followed a basic orientation schedule in which I felt that our entire group was able to not only get to know one another but also get to know the place in which we will all be working for the next three weeks.

We were given a tour of the both the Vanderbilt Campus and the Medical Center (including both the General Medical Center and the Children's Hospital). The tour of the Main Hospital included much of the Vanderbilt History which I found interresting as even after four years of living in Nashville I did not know much about the history of Nashville's prime medical center.

The tour of the Children's Hospital, though, I found especially interresting primarily as it was given by the Chief Residents of the Children's Hospital. I thought that this was an excellent way to familiarize myself with the hospital and especially ask questions that I might not find out in a regular tour. I felt that touring with the doctors who know what the working environment and the environment for the patients is like was invaluable and definately left an impression on me as we left the Children's Hospital after our tour.

I feel that our group really bonded and "broke the ice" today and I look forward to tomorrow and for the three weeks to come--today was an excellent beginning!

No comments: